Ready to embark on this journey with me?
Why Learn 3 Secrets Of The Masters Now?
LIke many abstract painters, I started with representational art. As time went on, I wanted to create non-objective paintings but I didn't know how and couldn't find a teacher.
I also struggled with self doubt, overthinking, overworking, second guessing, getting stuck, not knowing what to do, not keeping it fresh and alive, and thinking it wasn't good enough.
When I realized I could stop struggling by making a simple change I'm about to share with you, everything shifted and my work was transformed.
Almost overnight, I went from wrestling with my art to confidently and consistently creating paintings that I loved.
That same year I was invited to co-create Doing The Work Of Your Life: Moving Beyond Fear In Abstract Painting with Katherine Aimone and Audrey Phillips. In this workshop I brought over 20 years of experience as an existential psychiatrist, creator of Creativity and Consciousness™ television program, 22 years of painting, and 7 years of teaching Experimental Painting workshops at Stanford Sierra Camp.
I'm on fire to share my newfound realization so I can help other artists transform their work as well.
It's my mission to guide artists to create paintings that are expressively alive, personal, confident, meaningful, and full of wonder.
In all of this, I've realized that painting brings up everything.
Art reflects life.
Indeed, creating art is akin to embarking on the hero's journey described in great literature such as Dante's Divine Comedy.
As artists, you're living your life and yet searching for something...meaning...a feeling of aliveness...mystery....expression.....
And then you're called and you answer the call and you're immediately plunged into the unknown. There are perils in that territory of 'not knowing': self doubt, fear, inner criticism, procrastination, perfectionism, boredom, avoidance, even resignation.
But there are guides to help you face the dangers and this is where I come in. Dante had Virgil. You have me.
I'll help you on your journey to realize that the greatest transformation in your life and your art is the inner work of trusting yourself.
I believe that as you learn to trust yourself you'll realize that you have everything you need to create the work of your life.
In this course, I'll guide you through the 3 secrets of the masters: the inner journey of trusting yourself and two technical concepts that make 90% of the difference in taking your painting to a whole new level.
Introducing The Artist's Journey: 3 Secrets Of The Masters
Fall in love with painting again!
Create abstract paintings that are raw, immediate, personal and alive in this 4 week online workshop for transforming your art.
Your 4 week, 5 module online workshop includes:
5 Weekly instant access learning modules. Each module includes video demos, reflection tools, lectures, skill building exercises, challenges and the opportunity to appy the contents of the course immediately to your paintings as well as receive support and encouragment from our private Facebook community
Downloadable The Artist's Journey Workbook
Downloadable The Artist's Journey Vision Board
Private Facebook community
Don’t Take My Word For It
Thank you! i hope that someday you will have a workshop where we can attend physically!"
Vera V. Tchikovani
Artist, San Francisco, CA
Betty Franks Krause
Artist, San Jose, California
Here's Exactly What You'll Get Inside
The Artist's Journey: 3 Secrets Of The Masters
- How the "Holy Grail" secret of the masters will guide you in creating wondrous, alive paintings that are full of you and your vision.
- How to cultivate the daily practice of professional artists to develop cutting edge art, accelerate your growth as an artist (based on neuroscience research), and take your paintings to a whole new level.
- How to map your way using ©The Artist's Journey Workbook™ as well as The Artist's Journey Vision Board™ to your big, juicy artist's dream.
- How to cultivate your unique personal signature and how this will thread through all your work.
- Discover the personal myths that stop you from creating and how to create in the face of fear and self doubt.
- How to stay motivated and create with consistency, commitment, and confidence.
- How to activate the surface and create many painting 'starts' that will serve as a catalyst for discovery, exploration, and experimentation.
- Learn the secret of how to create dynamic, expressive compositions that are exciting to the eye.
- How to recognize common compositional errors and fix them while you paint.
- How to simplify and create powerful paintings using only 2, 3, or 4 values.
- Discover an exciting strategy to create high key, high contrast contemporary paintings that people will love.
- How to avoid common value errors and learn the secret the masters know about value.